Saturday, October 2, 2010

Abu Dhabi: My 2nd Impression

Well, like my previous post, this is my 2nd impression about Abu Dhabi. Most of the people staying in Abu Dhabi not local citizen. There only 20% of the people is the local, the rest come from all over the globe. They work here, they live here, they make money here...As I go down the street, i can see a lot of people from other country as well...most of them come from Phillipines, India, Egypt, Oman, Syria and other Arab country. As they are the majority people staying here, I could say that they can always survive here..I just can't forget the moment when the cashier at Khalidiya Mall spoken Tagalog language (Philippines language) with me...I just smiled and said that i couldn't understand what she trying to say...and at the same time, I wondering...am I look like a Phillipines people??hehehe..maybe yes...Pangako Sa Yo!!
The people here is very nice and friendly. The crime rate here is very low and you hardly find a cops here...Like my colleague Yousef (he is Palestinian but born in Abu Dhabi) explained to me last night...
"People come here to make money, they come here to get money to feed their family"
"But, if they do something wrong here (disobey the law), they can get caught, jailed and send back to their country and being blacklisted for the rest of their live from entering UAE".
That is it...that's why the crime rate here is low (i would say it zero, but it is low).

Ok, that's all for today...I'm going back to my hotel (right now at Internet Cafe at Madinat Zayed)..i can't afford the internet fees at the hotel...It's DHS 70 (USD 20) per hour...Its damn expensive dude...

P/s: I'm going to Dubai next week..most probably...will be right back...

2 comments:

  1. nice post..know you're kind of a hurry, that's why your grammar isn't right. maybe you could improve next time..

    ReplyDelete