Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Half day trip to Dubai

Last weekend, I had a chance to visit Dubai which become as one of the world's top tourist destinations. It takes about 2 hours to get there by car from Abu Dhabi.Although its just a half day visit, but definitely its worth a visit.
My first stop is nothing else than the famous Burj Al-Arab hotel which located at Madinat Jumeirah. Burj is an Arabic word thatmeans tower. Burj Al-Arab which is self-proclaimed as the only 7 star hotel in the world is nothing else than just a hotel. Entryto the hotel requires a reservation which will be confirmed at the entry gate. I will have to pay about DHS 200 just to get into the lobby, look around and have a cup of tea. You must make a reservations a month in advance for a room.I dunno what is so special with this hotel since I'm not able to enter the hotel. But, one thing for sure, it is extremely expensive. A friend of mine told me that the cost of a hotel room is mere DHS 50000 per night. WTF!!

Burj Al-Arab from Jumeirah Beach


My next destination is Al Safa Park, which is one of the oldest park in Dubai. The entrance fee is Dhs 3 per pax. Al Safa Park is a favourite placefor sports lover where you can jogging, playing tennis, rowing, and even barbeques and picnic area are available here.The park is packed with people when it comes to weekend. They gathered and have barbeques here.

Al Safa Park
Al Safa Park
My journey continue as I'm heading to Dubai Mall as my last destination in Dubai. The only thing here that I'm attracted to is the Burj Khalifa or Burj Dubai which is the world's tallest structure by a long shot. This 828 metres tower has 160 floors, over 300m taller than the previous contender, Taipei 101. The observation deck at the 124th floor is also said as the world's highest observatin terrace in the world. I'm thrilled by a high speed journey in one of the world's fastest elevators. It takes only a minute (I set a stopwatch using my watch) to get up to 124th floor from the ground floor. At The Top, that is the name of the observatory floor at Burj Khalifa. You can experience 360 degree sweeping views from here.You can take a closer look at the world below through avant-garde, high powered telescopes. I'm amazed with the features of the telescopes, it can show you the view day and night and also before and after constructions.BTW, the tickets cost DHS 100 for a timed entry, or DHS 400 if you don't want to wait.
Other attraction in Dubai Mall is definitely The Dubai Fountain. At 900 feet in length and and jet that shoots water up to 500 feet, the Dubai Fountain is indeed the world's largest dancing fountain and one with a very wonderful display (you must see this by yourself when you visit Dubai).
Lifestyle of the rich and famous

Dubai Mall

Dubai Mall
Burj Khalifa Miniature
High performance telescope
At The Top
View from the top
Burj Khalifa
From the earth to the sky in a minute

This is Dubai
Dubai Fountain
The world is round
People that build this huge thing...
That's all for now..I'll be back with more stories about Abu Dhabi after this...

5 comments: