Monday, September 27, 2010

Abu Dhabi : Impresi Pertama....

After sleeping off our jet lag a bit, we enjoyed a tasty dinner at Hilton Baynunah Hotel (self-cook..maggi mee!!yeay!!). Our adventure took us to Marina Mall, which is where I got my first impressions of Abu Dhabi. Based on what I’ve been told, checking out a mall seems like a logical first day in Abu Dhabi, so we spent our day at Ikea, Carrefour (kind of like a Super Wal Mart) and checking out the mall.
A few observations:


Generally, it feels like the entire city is under construction as you see tons of cranes everywhere. In fact, our hotel (Hilton Baynunah) faces a giant construction pit, as well as the shells of 8-10 building in various stages of completion. This is of course a ton of fun when you’re woken up at 7am by construction noise.
So far, so good in Abu Dhabi.

Corniche Road from my viewfinder

Hilton Baynunah where i'm staying for a month

lastly....my room!!







No comments:

Post a Comment